Precious books

I have always loved reading and am now trying out this new site to post my reviews on!

American Gods

American Gods - Neil Gaiman This is one of these stories that you just have to like. Either you love it or you hate it, or you find it boring. Personally, I really liked it but I can see where the negative reviews come from because some aspects of this book were just really weird. I mean, a vagina that swallows men? Really?
However, I enjoyed most of this story and it really makes you think about the new media and the role they have in this society. Even though I'm not from America, I can totally see what Neil Gaiman tries to tell us here and it's very important.
So why did I not give this book 5 stars? Perhaps because I found it to be too long: I could not always bring myself to read it because it was too slow. Perhaps because I found it too short: I wanted to know more about the gods themselves. Perhaps because of the random interludes which didn't make any sense, even though they were enjoyable. I don't know. I just know that I loved it, but it will never be my favourite book.

The Brontë Plot